DIRECTOR OF ENGINEERING
The Municipality of the District of Lunenburg, located on Nova Scotia’s beautiful South Shore, is seeking a Director of Engineering, Project Management and Public Works.
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, the Director holds primary responsibility for the operations of the Municipality’s wastewater treatment facilities, the construction and maintenance of Municipal facilities, and for ensuring the sustainability of the Municipality’s infrastructure. The Director provides strategic advice and project management expertise to Senior Management and Council for capital projects and is accountable for their timely completion.
As the ideal candidate you possess strong project management and human resource management skills, and have a proven track record of delivering successful capital projects.
You possess excellent communication skills supported by superior technical knowledge. Your career shows progressive success leading teams and managing relationships with diverse stakeholders.
Essential Criteria and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering and registration with Engineers Nova Scotia (or the ability to become registered with ENS)
- Demonstrated experience with project management
- At least 5 years of experience in progressively responsible leadership and management roles, including experience providing strategic advice and perspective to a senior leadership team
- Experience in a Municipal Government environment is considered an asset
- A valid Nova Scotia driver’s license