Interested in running? Don’t know how to start? Join others in this fun supportive group. All ages and abilities welcome, with the goal of working up to a 5K run in the fall. Move from walking, to jogging to running!
Runners will gather the 2nd Saturday monthly, at 9:00 am, at various locations. Running tips will be provided for the first 5 to 10 minutes by an experienced runner. Participants are invited for a brief social at a nearby shop following each run.
- May 13 – meet at the Riverport Community Centre, for a run along lower LaHave Road. We’ll watch the Osprey Fun Run!
- June 10 – meet at the Mahone Bay Waterfront, for a run along the Adventure Trail
- July 8 – meet at the YMCA, for a run along the Y’s Halloween Fun Run route
- August 12 – meet at the LCLC, for a run on the Centennial and LaHave River Trails
- September 9 – meet at Tim’s in Lunenburg for a run on the Back Harbour Trais
- October 14 – meet at Crescent Beach for a run on the LaHave Islands
- November 11 – meet near 720 LaHave Street for a run along the Centennial and LaHave River Trail. You’ll have time to get to a Remembrance Day service or loop your run to the service at Veterans Memorial Park!