For the convenience of our customers, the Municipality of the District of Lunenburg has implemented a number of different alternatives for paying tax bills, dog taxes, recreation fees, building rental fees, planning fees, and other miscellaneous payments.
- Use your bank's internet or telephone banking system to pay tax and billed dog taxes online.
- Use your debit card, cash, cheque, or money order when paying in person (210 Aberdeen Road, Bridgewater).
- Leave your payments in a secure drop box located at the front entrance of the Municipal Building.
- Pay property and billed dog taxes at any bank in Canada. (bank charges may apply), or via bank wire transfers.
- Mail your cheque or money order payment to the:
Municipality of the District of Lunenburg,
210 Aberdeen Road,
- Tax bills for the first installment shall be mailed before the first working day in May of each year and tax bills for the second installment shall be mailed before the first working day in October of each year.
- Taxes shall be paid in two installments, the first installment shall be due not later than the last working day in May of each year and the second installment shall be due not later than the last working day in October of each year.
- The Municipality now offers Pre-Authorized Payments for taxes. For further information on our Tax Installment Prepayment Plan (TIPP) please click here.
Not Receiving Your Tax Bill?
Property owners are responsible to ensure that their address is correct with Property Valuation Services Corporation (PVSC). If you have not received a tax bill or assessment notice, contact PVSC at 1-800-380-7775 or 543-2267. Be sure to have the assessment number for each property for proper identification. Also, please contact our Tax Department, 902-541-1329, to get your balance owing and make arrangements for payment. You should note, that even if you do not receive your tax bill, you are still responsible for the payment of your taxes
Online Payments for Property Taxes are available from:
To Add A Payee: Search by "Lunenburg" then choose "Municipality of Lunenburg" as stated below for the various banks.
PLEASE ENSURE YOU CHOOSE THE "MUNICIPALITY" OF LUNENBURG AND NOT THE "TOWN" OF LUNENBURG.
|Royal Bank Financial Group
Note: Listed by the bank as "Lunenburg (Mun. of District) Taxes"
|Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce
Note: Listed by the bank as "Municipal Dst of Lunenburg Tax"
|Toronto Dominion Bank
Note: Listed by the bank as "Lunenburg (Municipality of the District of) Taxes"
Note: Listed by the bank as "Lunenburg (Dst) Taxes"
|Bank of Montreal
Note: Listed by the bank as "Lunenburg, Municipality of, Tax"