The Municipality of the District of Lunenburg is an equal opportunity employer.
Employment opportunity: Financial Services Officer
A few reasons why others have decided to join our team (and some reasons you might like to too!)
- Flexible working environment, including a 4-day workweek option
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan (Public Sector Superannuation Plan)
- Competitive salaries and other benefits
- New and modern Municipal Services Building walking distance from shopping and dining options
- On-site staff fitness facility
About the role….
The Financial Services Officer provides payroll processing & accounting support to the Finance Department including, but not limited to backing up bi-weekly payroll processes, preparing and reconciling financial information for the Director of Finance to support financial reporting to Council and the public, including: municipal loan administration, legislative remittances, assisting in annual budget and financial statement preparation, internal audit functions, records management, and purchasing support.
Is this you?
- Diploma in Business Administration with an accounting concentration
- National Payroll Institute Certification
- 5 years of prior municipal experience or accounting experience; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Knowledge of the Municipal Government Act, Municipal By-Laws, policies, and procedures in considered an asset.
- Full-time, permanent position
- 35 hours per week
- Salary: $53,238- $66,547 (Band 50), commensurate with qualifications and experience.
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter (ideally as one document) in confidence to:
Lynn Wagner, Director of Human Resources, Shared Services
Deadline to apply: October 11, 2023 at 11:59 p.m.
Please add the competition number in the subject line:
MJSB Employment opportunity: Maintenance Technician/ Heavy Equipment Operator
The MJSB is hiring a Maintenance Technician/ Heavy Equipment Operator. This is a hands-on position responsible for the regular and preventive maintenance programs of the site’s heavy equipment including loaders and excavators. In addition, the position conducts basic maintenance such as tire and oil changes on other site vehicles, as well as site facilities maintenance as directed. The position is also a backup heavy equipment operator. This position is responsible to recommend items for purchase relating to their duties.
Learn more about the job and how to apply: https://www.communityrecycling.ca/538-uncategorised/1342-employment-opportunity-maintenance-technician-heavy-equipment-operator