Who we are
The Municipality of the District of Lunenburg is a progressive and innovative municipal government on the beautiful South Shore of Nova Scotia. We work collaboratively with other municipalities and are an economic leader.
We value our team members and their contributions to achieving our ultimate goal - providing exemplary service to our residents and visitors.
Work with MODL
We believe in a healthy work life balance for all employees that respects their personal time and allows them to lead fulfilling, impactful lives. We support the physical and mental health of our team through popular workplace wellness initiatives, generous EFAP services and an excellent benefits package. Lifelong learning is valued–we invest in educational opportunities for our employees.
As an equal opportunity employer, we’re taking action to change and grow to be a truly diverse, equitable, and inclusive municipality. We are committed to offering equal employment opportunities based on qualifications and performance, and free from discrimination because of age, race or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, family status, gender identity, or other protected characteristics, in accordance with the Nova Scotia Human Rights Code. At MODL, we strive to make our recruitment, assessment, and selection processes as accessible as possible and provide candidates with accommodations as required. If you require any accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact Human Resources
About the role
This position is responsible to assist in the maintenance and upkeep of all municipal parks, trails, and open space, including the Municipal Activity Recreation Complex (MARC).
Is this you?
As the ideal candidate, you possess:
- High School Diploma
- A minimum of 6 months - 1 year of related experience in maintenance role
- Possess good construction and mechanical aptitude.
- Knowledgeable in the operation of power tools, tractor, and landscaping equipment
- Possess a valid driver license and maintain good driving record.
- Certification in Emergency First Aid, CPR and WHMIS or willing to obtain.
- Hard working & efficient
- Reliable and dependable
- Good customer service skills
Click default here (208 KB) to view the full job description.
Conditions of Employment
- Term (April 2023 – approximately late fall 2023)
- Based on 40-hour work week
- Wage: $16.65 - 20.71, / per hour (April 1, 2023), commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Exposure to elements and weather conditions
- Physical effort including lifting to 25kg.
- Extensive periods of continual movement/lifting
- Work with tools and machinery
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Ashley Chase, Human Resources Officer
Deadline to apply: March 31, 2023