About the role….
The Controller is accountable for all Municipal Joint Services Board financial matters. The incumbent is responsible for maintaining an adequate system of accounting and control.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Controller supports and enhances management activities, and ensures that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
The Controller is a core member of the Management team. Responsibilities include:
- • Establish and maintain a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk and enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial performance.
- • Lead budgetary process.
- • Cost control, monitoring and provision of Financial advice to Finance and Budget Committee.
- • Mentor and supervise admin/accounting staff, Education and Enforcement as well as Scale Operations of the Solid Waste Division.
Is this you?
As the ideal candidate you have:
- CPA qualification, member in good standing
- Experience in personnel management
- At least five years' accountancy experience within a financial management role.
- Experience with preparing budgets, management accounts and year end financial accounts.
- Extensive experience with and thorough working knowledge of computerised accounting systems and spreadsheets.
- Ability to work independently and on own initiative, within a team environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure while maintaining attention to detail.
- Willingness to work in a co-operative environment.
- Hands-on experience with payroll.
- Experience with preparation for year-end audit
- Good verbal and written presentation skills
- Exposure to not-for-profit sector
- Familiar with regulatory compliance and Municipal Government services
- Experience with report writing
- Good knowledge of Solid Waste Management
Salary range: $71,272 to $98,041. 40 hours per week.
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Ashley Chase, Human Resources Officer
Competition #: MJSB2020 CONTLR
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
While we appreciate your interest in working for the Municipal Joint Services Board, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.