The Municipal Activity and Recreation Complex, better known as the MARC, is a year round indoor/outdoor recreation facility. The MARC is composed of the following:
- Program Building- Three Floors
- Residence Building – Sleeps 34, with Full Kitchen
- Pond for skating - Winter
- Two Toboggan Runs - Winter
- Pond for fishing and canoeing - Spring, Summer
- Three Softball Fields
- Provincial Cross County Run Course
- Playground- 12 Years and Under
- Ten Kilometers of Hiking/Skiing Trails for all skill levels
- The back field provides an excellent dark space for star gazing
- 100 Acres of Open Space, which includes Fields, Woods, Ponds, Brooks and Trails
- Large Grass Areas for Picnics or Socials
- Large deck space on the river side of the Program Building
The MARC is perfect for flying a kite, having a picnic, watching wildlife near the ponds or exploring the trails. You can also book a softball field for a friendly game or a room for a birthday party. In the winter, the MARC is also used for cross country skiing, skating, and tobogganing. With so many offerings, the MARC is ideal to meet all of your recreation needs.
Leash your pet.
Hunting and trapping are prohibited in all Municipal Parks and Green Spaces.
No motorized vechiles are permitted on the trails or green spaces.
Bicycles are permitted but exercise caution with other trail users.
Overnight camping is allowed on this site with permission only. For information call (902)541-1343.
There is no winter maintenance on the trails. Please respect trail tracking for skiing and snowshoeing.