Active Planning Cases
To view the active planning cases, please visit https://engage.modl.ca/.
In areas covered by a Land Use By-law, a Development Permit (visit the Building & Planning Applications webpage) is required before any development takes place on a property. Development means:
1. Changes to a structure, such as any new construction, addition, alteration, replacement, or relocation; and
2. Changes to a land use, such as residential, commercial, industrial, agricultural uses.
If your property is in any of the following communities, your land may be subject to a Land Use By-law pdf Plan Area Map (1.45 MB) :
• Village of Hebbville
• Community of Blockhouse
• Community of Oakland
• Princes Inlet and Area (Maders Cove, Sunny Brook, Martin's Brook, and Herman's Island)
• Riverport and District (Riverport, Lower and Middle LaHave, Feltzen South, Rose Bay, and Kingsburg)
• Osprey Village (part of Cookville)
• Lunenburg Municipal Industrial Planning Area (Oakhill and Harold Whynott Road)
If an individual starts construction without a Development Permit, they are in violation of the Land Use By-law and Council can take legal action, such as fine or order removal. The Municipality has a violation policy pdf Policy 015 (85 KB) which outlines the process to be followed in such instances.
Zoning Confirmation Letter & Property Report
If zoning information is required specific to a property and provided in writing, the Municipality requires a form to be completed, along with the fee. Details on the location of the property and the intended use will be required to provide the most correct information.
pdf Property Report & Zoning Confirmation Application Form (179 KB)