Latest News and Public Notices
Building Closure: Friday, February 25
Due to the poor weather, the Municipal Services Building will be closing at noon today, Friday, February 25. Staff will be working remotely and can be reached by phone or email: https://www.modl.ca/contact.html
February 14 Office Closure
The Municipal Services Building is closed today, Monday, February 14, due to road conditions. Staff are working remotely and can be reached by phone or email. https://www.modl.ca/contact.html
Building Closure, February 4
The Municipal Services Building is closed today, Friday, February 4, due to weather conditions. Staff are working remotely and can be reached by phone or email. https://www.modl.ca/contact.html
Building Closure - January 25, 2022
The Municipal Services Building is closed today, Tuesday, January 25, due to impending road conditions. Staff are working remotely and can be reached by phone or email. https://www.modl.ca/contact.html
Building closure - January 18
The Municipal Services Building is closed today, Tuesday, January 18, due to road conditions. Staff are working remotely, and can be reached by phone or email. Visit https://www.modl.ca/contact.html for staff contact information.
Proclamation - Day of Black Loyalist Exodus
In recognition of the significance of the UN Decade of African Descent and the history of the Black Loyalist in Nova Scotia, January 15, 2022 has been proclaimed as the Day of Black Loyalist Exodus: 15 Ships to Sierra Leone.
Click pdf Proclamation (502 KB) for the full version.
Bell Canadian Navigable Waters Act Public Notices
Bell hereby gives notice that an application has been made to the Minister of Transport, pursuant to the Canadian Navigable Waters Act for approval of the work described herein and its site and plans.
Building closure - Thursday, December 9
The Municipal Services building will be closed Thursday, December 9 due to inclement weather. Staff will be working remotely - please visit our Contact Us page for phone numbers and email addresses.
Sustainability Committee members needed
Do you care about Climate Change?
We need members of the public to join the Sustainability Committee. This is an exciting opportunity for those people who would like to actively participate in the discussion of the future of our community through the Local Climate Change Action Plan – visit https://engage.modl.ca/ for more information.
The Sustainability Committee advises Municipal Council on reducing both the corporate and community greenhouse gas emissions by drafting the Local Climate Change Action Plan. Meetings are normally conducted on the second Thursday of every month, starting at 6:30 p.m. The following appointments are available with the possibility of reappointment:
- • 2 member-at-large appointments for a two year term.
- • What interested you in serving as a member of the Committee.
- • What you know about sustainability matters in the Municipality.
- • How you feel you can contribute to the discussion of the Committee.
- • How you would handle a situation where a decision was made that you did not support.
- • Anything that the Municipal Council should know about your qualifications.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this appointment.
This position will remain advertised until filled.
Dayspring and District Fire Department meeting
The Fire Commission for Dayspring and District Fire Department will hold a meeting to replace a commissioner on Monday November 1, 2021 at 6:45pm. Residents are invited to attend.
Location Dayspring & District FD,
13177 Trunks 3, Upper Lahave NS
Contact: Earl Conrad
Mader’s Cove Fire Protection Commission Annual Ratepayers Meeting
The 2021 Annual Ratepayers Meeting of the Mader’s Cove Fire Protection Commission will be held in the Large Conference Room of the Mahone Bay Centre on Thursday, November 4 at 7:00 pm. Covid 19 protocols will be followed including proof of vaccination.
More Articles ...
- Office closure: September 30
- Dayspring & District Fire Protection Commission Ratepayers Meeting
- Proclamation - Emancipation Day
- Members Needed - Miller Point Peace Park Advisory Committee
- Emergency Assistance Fund for Community Organizations
- MODL Seeking Audit Committee Member At Large
- Planning Advisory Committee Committee Meeting - May 13
- Office Closure Update
- 2021/22 Budget Meetings
- Date Change: Planning Advisory Committee Meeting
- Notice of Special Meetings - April 20, 2021
- Proposed Bill 4 - Biodiversity Act Letter to Minister